Crisis Management Centre (CMC) Finland is organises an advanced online training course on Integrated Border Management (IBM). This pilot course is based on the European Union’s (EU) 2020 Training Requirement Analysis on Support to Border Management’s findings and recommendations.
- To provide a comprehensive overview of IBM strategies, systems and practices used in Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) operations;
- To increase understanding of the EU IBM concepts, tools and working methods;
- To enhance advisers’ and experts’ knowledge and skills for supporting the host state’s IBM authorities in their respective work; and
- To give practical and experience-based advice on effective monitoring, mentoring, advising, and training (MMA-T) within CSDP operations.
The following themes will be covered from various viewpoints:
- Strategic and operational guidance on IBM;
- Human dimension and gender aspects of IBM;
- Transnational and transoperational themes in IBM (e.g. organized crime, irregular migration, smuggling);
- MMA-T considerations in IBM; and
- Other actors in IBM (e.g. the role of FRONTEX).
Time and Venue
7.-11.6.2021, Zoom video conferencing tool.
This pilot training is expected to enhance participants’ understanding of integrated border management (IBM) in CSDP context. Furthermore, it aims to improve the participants’ knowledge, attitude and skills needed to support the host state’s IBM authorities in their respective work.
This course is an advanced course on IBM implemented by an EU member state. The course is open to the following target audience from EU member states in order of priority:
- Police, Border and Customs experts already working or looking to be deployed in CSDP operations with IBM approach included in their mandate;
- Other experts who are not IBM subject-matter experts but need to increase their understanding of IBM due to their current or future role in CSDP operations (e.g. human rights, gender, project management or PPIO experts); and
- Other IBM experts, for example, from the UN and the OSCE who expect to benefit from this training.
Deadline for the applications is 2nd of May, 2021 at 23:59 (UTC +2).
Apply for the course by filling in the Application Form through this Webropol link.