Within the framework of the ENTRi project, CMC Finland together with ENA (École nationale d’administration) will organise a Training of Trainers course in Ramallah. Please note that the initial course dates in May are no longer valid and the course is being postponed.
Successful crisis management, stabilisation and peace support missions rely on the availability of well-prepared experts who can transfer their knowledge and skills to their colleagues and counterparts, who in turn depend on high quality training activities designed for specific purpose. This course recognises that training is critical to the achievement of successful operational outcomes.
The key objective of this course is to build in-mission capacities for training purposes, to enhance the ability of missions to adapt to the steadily changing capacity-building requirements of international peace operations and to strengthen in-mission capability to deliver high quality trainings.
This training aims to strengthen the didactical and methodological skills of members of international missions in designing and delivering training courses in order to build local capacities.
Course place and time:
Ramallah, 8-10 May 2018.
Experts working in crisis management/peace support missions who conduct trainings and coaching sessions as subject matter experts or trainers.
Maximum 20 participants, preferably from international civilian crisis management/peace support missions (OSCE, EU, UN, etc). Experts from NGOs are also welcome to apply.
The course is organised by Crisis Management Centre (CMC Finland) in cooperation with École nationale d’administration (ENA).
After completion of the ENTRi ToT, participants should be able to:
- Describe how learning theories can be applied to design high impact sessions;
- Practice advanced training design skills in preparing sessions on a range of learning topics related to their training courses/sessions;
- Reflect on their own training style and their own biases towards different training methods;
- Upgrade facilitation skills in a range of participatory training activities;
- Refine the delivery of course material based on the guidelines in the ToT Participants Manual relevant to their area of expertise;
- Identify course design methods applicable to their training needs;
The course is open for applications via the link below. Final date for applications is Sunday 8th April.
The selection of participants will be done by the ENTRi Secretariat.
There is no participation fee. Short-listed candidates will have to cover their own travel expenses.
Full board accommodation (in single rooms) will be provided free of charge.
Course participants from the military are required to cover their own expenses during the course, including accommodation, board and travel costs.