In 2021, CMC Finland is organising two Basic Courses on Civilian Crisis Management: (1) 11th – 22nd March and (2) 2nd – 13th September. The course provides participants with the basic knowledge and skills required when working on an international peace mission. It also improves their understanding of the minimum behavioural field requirements when working as a team member of an international field operation, irrespective of their national or professional background. A sample course program is available in this link. The course also includes the ENTRi certified Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT), which is an intensive four-day module aimed at training professionals to effectively deal with high-risk and emergency situations while deployed in hostile environments abroad. HEAT is a prerequisite for high risk missions.
Target audience: The course is open to both Finnish and international professionals. Qualified national staff members (potential participants with citizenship from countries where missions are located) of missions where Finland contributes experts are highly encouraged to apply. All applicants apply through the same process and will be allocated to the appropriate course by CMC Finland.
• Be ready and willing to participate in civilian crisis management missions after the completion of the course (within 12 months after completing the course)
• Be proficient in English
• Be physically and mentally in good health
• Have a University degree (Masters preferred) and professional background suitable for civilian crisis management missions
• Have relevant work experience (the minimum of three years)
• Have a valid driving license (category B without restriction 78; driving license restricted only to vehicles with automatic transmission)
• For Finnish participants, tuition, meals and travels during the course are covered by CMC Finland
• For non-Finnish participants, there is a course fee which covers tuition, meals and travels during the course. To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• For the selected national staff members (potential participants with citizenship from countries where missions are located), there is no course fee but each should consult their mission for possible financial support in regards to travel costs to and from the course
• No per diem is provided by CMC Finland
• Travels to and from the course venue are to be arranged by all participants
Application deadline: 1st November 2020 at 23:59.
Leave your application via this link:https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/applicationBCCCM2021