The COVID-19 pandemic has had an effect on CMC Finland like many other places around the world. Regarding the training, we have cancelled our courses for the time being due to the situation. The fewer opportunities for proximate learning have opened new doors to some crisis management courses which previously had fees. The CMC Finland’s Training team wants to encourage anyone interested in civil crisis management to take a look into the e-learning opportunities, despite their previous knowledge. We have collected a short list about the offered courses. The topics are diverse and cover anything from the history of the operations to humanitarian work today, from safety to human rights and much more.
Several of the e-learning platforms require logging in, after which you are able to familiarize yourself with the materials. Some of the courses have fees, but there are many free courses offered. You don’t necessarily have to complete the course in one sitting, alternatively you can eye the material or listen to lectures. There is a possibility to get a diploma from many of the courses (some have fees). If you accomplish modules, we recommend you to save the diplomas as it can benefit you in the future.
- Peace Operations Training Institute (POTI) courses’ curriculums focus on the UN peacekeeping operations and topics associated with them: www.peaceopstraining.org/courses/
- Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance & International Security Sector Advisory Team (DCAF/ISSAT) offer courses related to the reform: issat.dcaf.ch/Learn/E-Learning
- UN System Staff College (UNSSC) offers a wide range of courses for the UN personnel as well as visitors: newunkampus.unssc.org/
- United Nations for Training and Research (UNITAR) offers conferences, open lectures, seminars, workshops and online courses: https://unitar.org/
- You can find civil crisis management themes and beneficial courses to deepen and strengthen your own expertise: www.coursera.org/ and www.edx.org
- United Nations Department of Safety & Security (UNDSS) offers BSAFE-safety course, which combines the old BSTIF & ASTIF -courses. This course is mandatory to everyone working for the UN (incl. interns and consults) but is also a great overall course about safety to anyone: training.dss.un.org/course/category/6
For more detailed information please contact training(at)vzz6xbx06cc.c.updraftclone.com.